Your Private Villa in Stellenbosch
The historic Homestead is part of a large and beautiful estate situated 8 kilometers from Stellenbosch and 30 minutes from Cape Town Airport.
An original Sir Herbert Baker design The Dornier Homestead is located within a tranquil country setting amidst the Helderberg and Stellenbosch Mountains and the Dornier vineyards. It offers six elegant bedrooms accommodating up to twelve guests.
The Homestead is just meters from Dornier Bodega restaurant and the award winning Dornier wine cellar, both of which are of architectural and touristic significance in the region.
Languages spoken include English, Afrikaans and French.
Guests from the Homestead may have breakfast at Bodega between the hours of 08.30-10.30 (not included in the room rate. Please make sure to book by 2pm the day before).
- Positioned in on of the most scenic locations that the Stellenbosch Winelands have to offer.
- Spacious rolling lawns with mature indigenous vegetation surrounding the porperty ensure guests privacy.
- Inside the Homestead a spacious lounge complements the beautifully appointed bedrooms.
- Cape Town International Airport is a comfortable 30 minutes drive from the Estate
- Stellenbosch is a 15 minutes drive by car
- Cape Town Airport is a 30 minutes drive by car
- Cape Town is a 45 minutes drive by car
Address: Dornier Wine Estate, Blaauwklippen Road, Stellenbosch 7600
Click here for Directions
Telephone: +27 21 880 0557
Fax (Accommodation): +27 86 269 5300
Honesty bar and coffee station, WIFI
The Dornier Homestead is only a short walk away from the Dornier Bodega restaurant, one of the most popular culinary destinations in the Winelands.
The restaurant offers wholesome and seasonal dishes seven days a week for lunch in season and Wedensdays to Sundays in winter.
We do not offer self-catering.
Several of South Africa’s best restaurants are in close proximity on the surrounding wine farms: Rust en Vrede, Terroir, Overture, Blaauwklippen, to name a few.
Stellenbosch’s vibrant culinary scene is only a 15 minutes drive away.
Please note, The Homestead at Dornier is unstaffed at night. The Homestead and it's rooms are available to rent as a private residence / house.
- Experience a wine tasting and cellar-tour at Dornier
- Farmers markets at Oude Libertas or Blaauwklippen
- Visit to Stellenbosch, the second oldest town in South Africa
- Day trips to Cape Town (45 minutes), Camps Bay (60 minutes), Franschhoek (40 minutes), Hermanus (80 minutes), etc.
- Several world-class golf courses are in close proximity (Stellenbosch Golf Course, De Zalze, Erinvale, etc.)
- There are plenty restaurants, pubs and bars in and around this university town
- Hike or cycle in Jonkershoek Nature Reserve
- Climb the Stellenbosch Berg
- Visit the Stellenbosch botanical garden
- Visit the Rupert Museum
- Vineyard safari or try a chocolate and wine tasting at our neighbours Waterford
- Vineyard picnic at Warwick
- Go shopping in Stellenbosch
Third Party Services Offered by The Dornier Homestead include:
- Limo pick-up and drop-off service
- Helicopter tours
- Concert/Opera tickets
- Vineyard & sommelier tours
- Wine/cheese/olive oil tasting
- Massages and beauty treatments
- Day tours within the region
- Bicycle hire
Cost of the aforementioned third-party services are provided on request and subject to availability.
Background of the House
Built in the early Nineteenth Century as a country mansion, this large family villa was the home to one of the leading South African families for several generations. They chose the prime location near Stellenbosch and ensured peace and seclusion with a large and diverse garden. The architecture has the typical mix of Cape Dutch and English elements and alludes serenity and peacefulness.
Now owned by the Dornier family, villa was beautifully restored in 2011 to admit guests looking for a unique Winelands experience. It has also been equipped with a large professional kitchen. The result is superb, understated luxury, with captivating views on the nearby mountains. It is Ideal for undisturbed family reunions, discrete executive workshops, and elegant functions.
Terms & Conditions